Cancel

Discussion in 'Help' started by loest, Jul 28, 2010.

1. loest

loest New Member

there is anyway to prevent "effect={{i_dispel_by_category_count;3;slot_buff;20}}" from remove a specific buff, like super_haste or a custom buff??
    i though if the abnormal_level was like 99 it could prevent that.

any ideas?

2. Nos

Nos New Member

try magic_level = -1

3. loest

loest New Member

nah did'nt work.

4. hoaz

hoaz AdvExt64 Team

put magic_level=-1 to the skill you want to be immune to any dispel magic, not to the dispel skill itself

5. loest

loest New Member

that is what i did:
    Code:
    skill_begin	skill_name=[s_oly_phoenix_knight]		skill_id=42003	level=1	operate_type=A2	magic_level=-1	effect={}	is_magic=0	mp_consume2=0	cast_range=-1	effective_range=-1	skill_hit_time=0	skill_cool_time=0	skill_hit_cancel_time=0	reuse_delay=0	activate_rate=-1	lv_bonus_rate=0	basic_property=none	abnormal_time=1200	abnormal_lv=3	abnormal_type=oly_buff		effect_point=1	target_type=self	affect_scope=single	affect_limit={0;0}	next_action=none	debuff=0	ride_state={@ride_none}	skill_end

and still not working, but since i worried about an olympiad buff system to keep the balance, i will make it as a passive skill, and put an op_condition to work only at olympiad area.

i was wondering if i can make this:
    Code:
    effect={{p_magic_critical_rate;200;per};{i_m_attack;195};{i_dispel_by_slot;wind_vortex;1}}
    so when the mage use that skill it will have more chance to land a critical strike?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  6. hoaz

hoaz AdvExt64 Team

1. operate conditions do not work for passive skills
    2. if you use pump effect before instant effect, it will be applied before instant at thus will increase magical critical rate for the skill, BUT
    3. this skill should be A2 and it should land on the player, otherwise pump effect will not apply

7. loest

loest New Member

you mean it need to land on the caster?
    i was thinking something like this one
    Code:
    [s_aura_flare11]	skill_id=1231	level=1	operate_type=A3	magic_level=38	effect={{i_m_attack;39};{p_pvp_magical_skill_dmg_bonus;-50;per}}
    but the idea is to make it work for critical mage rate.

let me explaint better, some mages are doing a huge critical, and it happen when they use vortex_slug skills, they hit like 20k and that is scarry:p.
    so if there was a way to make this skill have less critical chance or maybe reduce the power of his critical.

any idea?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  8. hoaz

hoaz AdvExt64 Team

ok, if you want to convert A1 vortex slug skill to A3, don't forget to specify activate_rate=-1 and all related skill attributes (check s_dash skill to see how 100% landing rate is done)

if you want to reduce damage for slug skills you can modify its power or remove attribute

9. loest

loest New Member

well actualy what i want is to change the damage ammount at critical.
    but since mages dont have that option, and vortex slug become too strong, if ican make the skill never land a critical wil be good.
    because we already set the mage critical rate verry low and those mages still killing ppl in 2 hits, i know they die verry easy too but ya how hard it is to balance the pvp like that.
    so if i use A3 and make it like this it will qork as i want?
    Code:
    skill_begin	skill_name=[s_wind_vortex_slug1]	skill_id=1456	level=1	operate_type=A3	magic_level=79	effect={{p_magic_critical_rate;-300;per};{i_m_attack;195};{i_dispel_by_slot;wind_vortex;1}}	operate_cond={{has_abnormal;wind_vortex;1}}	is_magic=1	mp_consume1=28	mp_consume2=80	cast_range=900	effective_range=1400	skill_hit_time=2	skill_cool_time=0	skill_hit_cancel_time=0.5	reuse_delay=60	attribute=attr_wind	effect_point=-999	target_type=enemy	affect_scope=single	affect_limit={0;0}	next_action=none	ride_state={@ride_none;@ride_wind;@ride_star;@ride_twilight;@ride_fenrir}	skill_end

i will work on detail later just need to know about the effect, thx vm.

10. hoaz

hoaz AdvExt64 Team

the effect is ok, but you probably missed my comment about landing rate attributes

11. loest

loest New Member

did'nt :D
    just need to know if the efect will be ok.
    i will work on the rest later, too tired to change to win2k3 and edit all that stuff and test it right now, i will do it tomorow.
    and hmm unless the attibute have something to do with critical i wont change it. since if this skill never land a critical them i will be happy as hell :D

12. loest

loest New Member

well kind of old post but now i figure out what was missing

to avoid dispel effects:
    magic_level=-1
    is_magic=1

both are needed, also my skill had a custom abnormal_type, which can't be used in this case.